Brooklyn!

Arrived an hour late. Amtrak. Hopped the train and met my friend Atira at Franklin Park, because that's tradition at this point. And because I left my key packed up somewhere in storage back in Seattle. We grabbed some beers, put some grub in our bellies, and called it a day.
Spent the next afternoon tracking down a cheap pair of shorts (for some reason I neglected to bring a pair) and fixing the camera sd card fiaso. Met up at Blind Tiger, hit Bleecker St. Bar, which is another tradition of mine. I've stopped in here every visit since the first one in 1998, which may seem odd since it's a sports bar, and I give zero shits about sports (except maybe baseball), but it's a thing. Crushed some ramen and headed home.

Spent the next afternoon attempting to bbq in the rain at Prospect Park, which is a good sized place and nice to walk around. You barely know you are in the city. Called it an early night and nerded out watching some episodes of The Expanse. Rolled out to Connecticut in the morning.

Comments

Popular Posts