36 Hours In Reykjavik (or, the most expensive place in the world to get drunk.)

I arrived at the brittle hour of 5 am with maybe a three hour nap due to time change. The first thing I saw in the lobby was a Dunkin Donuts. I resisted the temptation. Took a bus into the city, stepped off and walked maybe five yards when I saw this:
Somehow I managed to forget about this, and did not actually have a beer here. I walked to my hostel, which was a bit of a journey, but I got to witness the wasteland like quality of the city before it awoke.
Since I couldn't check in until three, and it was only seven at this point, I had some time to kill. So I dosed up on coffee and pastries and set out to explore.
By the time three arrived, I had walked the waterfront and seen the Sun Voyager, visited the penis museum, found a punk rock museum built in an old public toilet, and taken pictures of some stuff and things. Then it was time for a nap.
When I awoke I wandered into town with some folks I met at the hostel, had some kickass fish and chips, drank beer at the Lebowski Bar, and went to bed later than I meant to, for I was off to Paris the nevt morning.

Comments

Popular Posts