Boston!

My folks were kind enough to give me a ride into the city. I got to see this guy. He kicked me in the crotch immediately, as he does every time.
Then I got to spend four amazing days wandering Boston and hanging out with my prime enabler, and one of my favorite humans of all time, Cathy. I got to visit Christopher's and Toad, two establishments that hold an almost mythological status in my mind due to the tales I have heard of them.
I foolishly decided to walk to the Boston Aquarium from Cambridge and back again. In the rain. It's far.
I also managed to pull off a birthday surprise for Cathy. Two of our friends were in town, Grayem and Tracy, were in town for a single day. I had them meet me at Boston Common, and they managed to arrive moments before Cathy did. The look of confusion on her face was priceless. We all had some dinner and beverages together and checked out a cool flea market. It was a good day.
I also got to visit Cambridge Brewery and Slumbrew and drink some tasty beers, and I  went to Leavitt and Peirce to stock up on rolling tobacco before I headed out to the Euro stage of my journey. Actually, I went there three times because it was such a neat place.
Boston was a good interlude. I got to spend some quality time with one of my best friends on the planet. And her dog Duncan, who is sweet and crazy and always excited to see me. But then it was time to go.

Comments

Popular Posts