My Son (day 42)

Woke up at 6:48 am, before my wake up call from the front desk at 7 (which is necessary due to the fact that my beloved G1 phone has died the death). Scarfed a quick breakfast and hopped on the tour bus to My Son.
This area is the remains of a Hindu temple complex left over from the Champa people. Quite beautiful, even if we bombed the shit out of it. Had a good time wandering the ruins, trying to take decent photos without including the truckloads of tourists. Succeded about 90% of the time, which is pretty amazing. Saw ants that make the ones in florida look like sissys. Also had the fun experience of being photographed as a tourist attraction myself. I was standing looking up at a ruin when a lady came running up and said "now you!" She and her friends took turns standing next to me and getting their picture taken. Then they told me i was very handsome and ran away giggling. Good times. Next up was a boat trip down the river back to Hoi An. This was something of an anti-climax after the earlier sights, but we did get to experience getting towed to shore after our boat died.

Comments

Popular Posts